If you are a knowledgeable, understanding, dedicated, with a strong desire to change the lives of children, and looking for an environment to share your expertise while collaborating with others, we want you on our team!
Early Interventionists work directly with families to develop an early intervention program that is based on the child’s unique, everyday routines and needs. We provide services in your child’s natural environment, their home. Our goal is to teach families how to incorporate learning opportunities into their day-to-day activities and assist in finding support and connections within their community to help their child be successful. The Early Interventionist reports to the Director of Early Intervention.
Early Intervention Educator responsibilities:
- Provides one on one education to assist qualified children in meeting developmental goals in their natural environment
- Supports, educates, and guides families and care givers on appropriate activities within daily routines to fulfill developmental goals
- Works as a team with other Pediatric Partners early interventionists on goals set for family plan
- Maintains strict patient confidentiality via records, conversations, and documentation systems (HIPAA)
- Engages families using developmentally appropriate activities as part of the learning process
- Adheres to all standards set forth by IDEA (Individuals with Disabilities Education Act) federal and state programming
- Reinforces all areas of development through coaching and modeling while giving parents and care givers tools for continued learning
- Works with families of children transitioning from Early Intervention program to next steps in child’s development
The ideal candidate for this full-time position has the following:
- Current teacher’s license in North Dakota
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Early Childhood Special Education
- CPR Certification required within one month of hire
- Experience working with children birth to three years of age
- Current driver’s license and auto insurance
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft office and documentation systems
Salary is dependent upon qualifications and experience.