Pediatric Partners is looking for a knowledgeable, experienced and dedicated Physical Therapist to join our team in Thief River Falls.
If you are a knowledgeable, understanding, dedicated, with a strong desire to change the lives of children, and looking for an environment to share your expertise while collaborating with others, we want you on our team!
Physical Therapist responsibilities:
- Plan, prepare, or carry out individually designed programs of physical treatment to maintain, improve, or restore physical functioning, alleviate pain, or prevent physical dysfunction in pediatric patients
- Identify and document goals, anticipated progress, and plans for re-evaluation
- Evaluate effects of treatment at various stages and adjust treatments to achieve maximum benefit
- Test and measure patient’s strength, motor development and function, sensory perception, functional capacity, or respiratory or circulatory efficiency and record data
- Observe patients doing tasks, ask the patient questions, and review the patient’s medical history and use the observations, answers, and medical history to evaluate the patient’s condition and needs
- Write reports and maintain proper documentation of information, such as patient billing records or caseload activities, including the initial evaluation, treatment, progress, and discharge of clients
- Assess and record necessary reports of patients’ activities and progress for billing and reporting to physicians and other healthcare providers
- Educate and train a patient’s family and caregivers about how to accommodate and care for the patient
- Evaluate a patient’s home, daycare or school environment and identify how it can be better suited to the patient’s needs and capabilities
- Recommend special equipment, such as wheelchairs and braces, and instruct patients how to use that equipment
The ideal candidate for this full-time position has the following:
- Credentials from an accredited Physical Therapy program are required
- North Dakota Physical Therapy license required by all
- Minnesota Physical Therapy license required for all full-time and flex-time therapists after hire. It may be required from per diem therapists based on a case-by-case basis under the discretion of the Physical Therapy Coordinator
Salary is dependent upon qualifications and experience. Benefits package for full time employees includes healthcare, flex spending account, paid time off, short- and long-term disability insurance, simple IRA, and more.
Job Type: Full-time